Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Misunderestimated

Again, in response to comments below I point out the conclusion to an excellent piece by Amir Taheri in the WSJ:

Those who have based their strategy on waiting Mr. Bush out may find to their cost that they have, once again, misread not only American politics but the realities of a world far more complex than it was even a decade ago. Mr. Bush may be a uniquely decisive, some might say reckless, leader. But a visitor to the U.S. soon finds out that he represents the American mood much more than the polls suggest.

The MSM has also misread the current situation here in the US - the momentum has shifted against them, and though they still hold enormous sway, their tide is ebbing. They are losing credibility by the day, and Americans have no reason to trust them again since we have so many more trustworthy, accurate, and intellectually honest sources to rely upon.

I make a point to withhold my support from all MSM outlets by refusing to watch or read them when at all possible, and I share my position with anyone with whom the topic comes up. Among my peers I have been very surprised by the number of people who share my views, which gives me much hope that the cause is anything but lost.

|