Thursday, February 03, 2005

An excellent speech

The blogosphere is packed with excellent SOTU analysis, so I won't spend too much time on it. I started watching it at about 0530 local time, just in time for the foreign policy portion.

The first memorable moment for me (other than watching it in Saddam's palace) was seeing Congressman Bobby Jindal holding up an ink-stained finger in support of the Iraqi people. I've read a little bit on Jindal, and I think he is one to watch in the GOP - I hope he goes far.

The other moment (of course) was the hug between Mrs. al-Souhail and Mrs. Norwood. What an overwhelming moment for both of those women, and what a powerful image of the solidarity freedom and selflessness can bring.

I thought the President's delivery was very good; he's beating the bad rap he's always had for public speaking.

|