Thursday, January 06, 2005

The song remains the same

I don't follow the entertainment industry at all, and my taste in music doesn't quite line up with the mainstream, but I've gotta agree with giving Led Zepplin a Lifetime Achievement Award.

"These profoundly inspiring figures are being honored as legendary performers and archetypal musicians, cultural ambassadors, and technical visionaries," US Recording Academy president Neil Portnow said.

"Their outstanding accomplishments and passion for their craft have created a timeless legacy that has positively affected multiple generations, and will continue to influence generations to come," Portnow added.

I'm not so sure about being cultural ambassadors, and I know the guys in Led Zepplin were certainly not positive role models, but that doesn't change the fact that their music rocks.

|