Saturday, December 04, 2004

RU 4 the troops

After reading this article about a student group at Rutgers that the guys at Powerline pointed out, I sent a short thank you email to the gracious president of RU 4 the Troops, Rachel Kent. She was quick to reply with this group photo and these encouraging words:


Dear CPT Hartney,

Thank you soooo much for your beautiful email. And Thank you for all you are doing. It's impossible for me to express just how grateful I am for what you and all your fellow soldiers do for our country. If you ever need anything, please let me know :-).

Thanks again for your email. You are the one that needs to be thanked...over and over again. I wish that every single person in this country could appreciate what you all are going through and do their part. I know that many ppl do support you all, but I think that you guys should have support from everywhere and should be rewarded ten-fold for all you do. And I know that is not why you joined the military, but that is what makes it even more special :-). Just know that you are NEVER forgotten and the support will last forever... thank you!! Not a day goes by that I don't thank you all from the bottom of my heart for allowing me to live free another day to go to school and just live my life. I hope that you are doing well. And thanks again for your email. It means soooo much coming from a brave HERO like yourself!!

Sincerely, Rachel

ps... I am attaching a pic from the event... we completed 6 flags :-) andreceived many donations in the form of cd's, toiletries, snacks, etc.I am the one on the far right with the black coat :-).

Her last sentence is what inspires me. The freedom "to live free another dayto go to school and just live my life" is a beautiful thing, and worth much sacrifice.

She let me know that she's setting up a website, so I'll post the link as soon as it's up and running. In the meantime, you can send her an email at rkent@eden.rutgers.edu.

|