Wednesday, December 01, 2004

November was deadly for the terrorists too.

It seems to me that every news agency is very eager to wish me a happy December by alerting me that more service members died in the past month than any other month since the beginning of this war.

My heart goes out to the families and units of those who died, and I believe that in their memory we should not fail to note that November was very likely the most deadly month for the terrorists too.

I won't speculate on the numbers, but don't underestimate the lethality of our forces. Those who choose to oppose us have paid, and will continue to pay dearly.

In November we seized a city with a population similar to that of Greensboro, North Carolina in less than a week. Oh, and by the way, the defenders had eight months to fortify their positions (i.e. mosques) and prepare their obstacles (i.e. civilians).

Our troops are the best in the world, and we should not undermine the accomplishments of the past month by lamenting the dead without remembering the cause for which they died.

|